The research in the Centre is performed in six interdisciplinary and inter-institutional work packages. These target issues that are critical for the successful development of low-cost and high efficiency solar cells. The work packages focus on the following topics:
- WP1: Mono- and multicrystalline silicon
- WP2: Next generation modelling tools for silicon crystallization and subsequent cooling
- WP3: Solar cell and module technology
- WP4: New materials for next generation solar cells
- WP5: Solar cell material and device characterization methodology development
- WP6: Value chain demonstration project.
The aim of WP6 is to implement the results and processes from the five other work packages into fully operational demonstrators of solar cell prototypes.